Please follow the steps below to set up the Aro app and activate your child's account on their Troomi Safe Smartphone. Each Aro account requires a unique email address, but you can access our activation email on another device and scan a QR code from their phone to complete the activation process.
- Download and install the Aro app on your phone. Apple App Store | Google Play Store
- During onboarding, you will be prompted to enter your child's information, including email address. This needs to be a unique email that has not been used on your account yet. You don't need to access it on their phone, just as long as you can access it on another device. If you child does not have an email address, you may use an "alias" of your own email. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, you can use an alias such as firstname.lastname@example.org for their account. All emails sent to this alias will be received at the main email@example.com address.
- Once you've entered their information, an email will be sent to that address inviting them to join your Aro account.
- The next step is to download and install the Aro app on their Troomi Safe Smartphone.
- Select "Get Started" from the main screen of the app.
- Enter the email address used to invite them to the account. An email will be sent to that address with a QR code for your child to scan from his or her phone.
- Open that email on a separate device, like your phone, a computer, or a tablet.
- Back on your child's phone, you will see an option to "Scan QR code". Tap that and scan the QR code on the email. That will complete the secure activation process.